Beaver Creek’s Terrain Jumps to 1,058 Acres with Larkspur Bowl and Arrowhead Opening; Lift Hours Extend Saturday, Dec. 17
Beaver Creek, Colo.—Dec. 15, 2011—Beaver Creek’s skiable terrain will jump to 1,058 acres on Saturday, Dec. 17 with more lifts and trails opening in Larkspur Bowl and Arrowhead. Skiers and riders will also gain an additional 30 minutes on the slopes when the resort shifts to an 8:30 a.m. opening Saturday. Snow surface conditions are excellent for this time of year thanks to five inches of fresh snow overnight combined with a snowmaking system that covers a vast area of the resort. Snowmaking crews have been working around the clock since October, using the optimal cold temperatures to their advantage.
- Buckaroo Gondola (Lift 1);
- Highlands Lift (Chair 2);
- Rose Bowl Express Lift (New Chair 4);
- Drink of Water Lift (Chair 5);
- Centennial Express Lift (Chair 6);
- Riverfront Gondola (Lift 7);
- Cinch Express Lift (Chair 8);
- Birds of Prey Express Lift (Chair 9);
- Larkspur Express Lift (Chair 11);
- Strawberry Park Express Lift (Chair 12);
- Elkhorn Lift (Chair 14);
- Lower Beaver Creek Mountain Express Lift (Chair 15);
- Bachelor Gulch Express Lift (Chair 16);
- Arrowhead Express Lift (Chair 17);
- Upper Beaver Creek Mountain Express Lift (Chair 18); and,
- All conveyor and surface lifts.
In addition to Spruce Saddle and Mamie’s Mountain Grill, skiers and riders will have the option to refuel at Broken Arrow Restaurant and Red Tail Camp, both of which open for the season this Saturday. Beaver Crepes is open serving sweet and savory crepes for breakfast, lunch and après.
For the latest snow totals, terrain and conditions visit m.beavercreek.com or www.beavercreek.com, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter at @beavercreekmtn.
About Vail Resorts
Vail Resorts, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is the leading mountain resort operator in the United States. The Company's subsidiaries operate the mountain resort properties of Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone mountain resorts in Colorado, and the Heavenly Ski Resort and Northstar California in the Lake Tahoe area of California and Nevada, and the Grand Teton Lodge Company in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The Company's subsidiary, RockResorts, a luxury resort property and hotel company, manages casually elegant properties. Vail Resorts Development Company is the real estate planning, development and construction subsidiary of Vail Resorts, Inc. Vail Resorts is a publicly held company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MTN). The Vail Resorts company website is www.vailresorts.com and consumer website is www.snow.com.